Sunday, August 19, 2007

Siezing The Moment and Opportunities

Time to update my blog. This week has been a tired week. Lots of over-time for me. Got even work late until 1 am. Have to thanks god because if not of his presence, I may not have that extra motivation to keep going. Despite my tiredness, saturday I still attend cell group as usual. The rain seems endless to me, have be on-going for the last few days. Raining day makes me feel even more tired, especially when travelling in the train.
~
Yesterday, the cell group's size is quite large and Jeremy's house is not that big, have to squeeze. The cell group meeting is quite interesting. Shared about 1 Samuel 17, it talks about Isralites battling against the Philistines who send out a mighty warrior by the name of Goliath who is 9 feet tall. Hearing this challenge, this sends chill down the Isralites' mind. And it is David who come upon Saul and this is what he told the lord that if he can slay the lion and bear, he can eliminate Goliath as well. Well said indeed, why should the mighty army of God fear the Philistines? God has send David for challenges, for it is upon defeating the lion and then the bear, that is up to the task of upbeating the giantic size of Goliath. Many times, god has put us for challenges and it is up to us to deliver it. Many times, the difficult task is usually to step forward and take up the challenge. If we dunt take that first step and try, we wont be able to move on in life. Jeremy also share about his journey about becoming a cell-group leader, the challenges that he faced. It is great to hear his own experience. After that, we take some photos.

~


Praise and worship just ended

~

N241 - Formal Cell-group photo

~

Straight after that is church service. Wow, the preacher is Joyce Meyer. Really anticipating her powerful word. What she shared with us is about siezing the moment and not missing out on the opportunities. Many times we face opportunities and it is up for us to step and be the one to have the faith and guts to face it. Like the 12 disciples of Jesus, Peter is the only one who attempt the walk on the river. The rest just sit on the boat, not trying anything. As Christians, we need to have the faith in us that with the holy spirit that we have, we can overcome any difficulties. And we need to be the one to step forward and make the difference. Joyce Meyer also tell us that we should not be bothered about yesterday and worry about tomorrow. Just need to live today as it comes and take things easy and our life will be much happier.

After that, we went to Black Board to eat. The stall name is quite funny. But the food really tastes nice. They sell western food and pastas. My recommendation is to try the chicken afredo pasta, really very nice. You can ask my cell-group members.

Now I shall share a worship song,

Come, holy spirit fall on me now
I need your annointing come in your power
I love you holy spirit
You've captivated my soul
And everyday I grow to love you more

I reaching for your heart
You hold my life in your hand
Drawing me closer to you
I feel your power renew
Nothing compares to you
Where i can see you face to face
I worship you
In spirit and in truth

My thoughts is full of this song at the moment. It reveals my feelings. That i grow to love god more and more each single day. My relationship with god is always improving. Like when praying to god, I got more things to tell him. And also, I always feel the power of the holy spirit and annointing god has given to me. I also glad that god send me to N241. This cell-group is relatively new, but the members are really awesome. Thanks god for that.

Well, this day is even more tired and I still stay awake to write this blog entry. Because this day is really quite meaningful to me. Well, another day will come and I will take things as they comes my way.

No comments: